Five Tips to LOVE Yourself
- Get an alarm clock that is not your phone. Its so easy to rely on our phones for everything. But the temptation to wake up, check e-mails, check social media is too much. If we do our first thoughts of the day are often stressful or incomplete. We wake up with urgency and disappointment instead of gratitude and love.
- Instead of checking your phone when you wake up, close your eyes, take a few breaths and listen to the sounds around you. Then make a list of 3 things you are grateful for. Keep those in your thoughts as you rise out of bed and take your first steps of the day.
- Schedule ‘Me-Time’. Put it in your calendar. Set aside 10 minutes, or a full-day. But put in time for you at least once per week, maybe every day. Schedule time to take a nap, to visit with friends, to drink some tea in peace, take a yoga class, meditate. Whatever it is, schedule it and honor it.
- Notice your thoughts. The next time you look in the mirror, notice the first thoughts that come to mind. Then find 3 things you like about your self and mentally or out-loud say to your reflection…. “I love my_________. I love my___________. And, I love my__________. Better yet, write them down and tape them to your mirror. It might sound cheesy, but our mind tends to always go to the negative, unless we train it to go to the positive. The more we do this, the more it becomes automated. And pretty soon, you will see yourself and simply be content.
- Feed yourself with good things. I’ll let you interpret this one as you see fit. Simply make sure that you love what you are putting in your body. Maybe its simple intentions or words of encouragement, maybe it’s a pile of veggies. Every time you sit to eat or drink, love what you are putting in.